Supports available to people on Jobseeker's Payment - SW126

Print page


To qualify for a jobseeker’s payment you must be unemployed, capable of work, available for full-time work and genuinely looking for work. You must notify the Department if:

  • you find work or if you are no longer available to take up work,
  • there are any changes in your income, means or those of your spouse, civil partner or cohabitant,
  • there are any other changes in your circumstances whatsoever,
  • you or your dependants intend leaving the country,
  • you or your spouse, civil partner or cohabitant start(s) a course of study, education or training.
Last modified:22/05/2017