Points to Note

Print page

We award credited contributions, or 'credits' in certain cases, generally for periods of unemployment and illness. If you are getting Widow's, Widower's or Surviving Civil Partner's Non-Contributory Pension, you cannot get credits for periods of widowhood alone.

However, if you were getting another social welfare payment that allowed you to get credits immediately before you qualified for this pension, you may continue to get credits as long as you satisfy the qualifying conditions for that payment. This means that you must supply evidence of continuing illness or unemployment.

For more information, log on to 'www.welfare.ie'.


Other useful booklets

Books available from Citizens Information:
Bereavement - Information for those Affected By Bereavement

Last modified:22/11/2011

 Application Forms