What is Supported Employment Service?
Supported Employment Service is an employment and recruitment service to assist people with a disability to secure and maintain a job in the open labour market.
Who is eligible?
People with a disability who are job ready and need a level of support to succeed in long-term and sustainable employment.
What Service is Available?
Supported Employment Service provides a range of supports to employers and people with a disability, through Job Coaches. The range of supports include:
- Individual Needs Assessment
- Vocational Profiling and Career Planning
- Individual Employment Plan
- Job Sourcing and Job Matching
- On-the-Job Support and Coaching
- Advice and Support to Employers
- Follow-up Support and Mentoring to both Employers & Employees
Services for Jobseekers
- Professional guidance in career planning
- Identification of skills
- Job search support and advice
- Access to job vacancies
- Support with the job application process
- Matching skills with employers needs
- Work experience placements
- Employers sourced
- Assistance with integrating into the workplace
- Access to support services as required to maintain employment
- Advice on employment benefits and entitlements
- Free recruitment and employment service
- Database of skilled jobseekers
- Access to a committed, local work force
- On-going support from a professional team of Job Coaches
- Advice on employment grants and supports
Employment Grants & Supports
DSP provides a range of employment supports aimed at helping employees with a disability to gain and retain employment including Reasonable Accommodation Fund for the Employment of People with Disabilities and other services.