Section 13 - Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS)
This Section outlines details of:
� Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS)
Return to Main Table of Contents
Section 13.1 Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS)
The Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS) is a free, confidential and independent service for people with debt and money management problems. It is funded by the Department and is now available in 65 centres throughout the country.
Each service is managed by a Board of Directors drawn from local voluntary and statutory bodies such as:
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- Community Welfare Service
- Department of Social and Family Affairs
- Credit Unions
- Local Authorities
- Citizens Information Centres
- other Voluntary and Community organisations
The key features of the Programme include:
- an emphasis on practical, budget based measures,
- an approach that targets families identified as having problems with debt and money-lending.
- a prominent role for local statutory agencies.
- the scheme includes a general money advice element for the local community,
- a co-ordinated scheme allowing for the sharing of experiences and information to combat money-lending.
For further information contact:
Helpline: 0761 07 2000
See list of MABS office phone numbers in