N�l an leathanach seo ar f�il as Gaeilge f�s

Print page

If you live in accommodation which no longer suits you or which you are no longer able to maintain, you may decide to sell your home and move to more suitable accommodation. If you do, the proceeds of the sale of your home up to �190,500 may be disregarded for the means test.

The disregard will apply if you:

  • are age 66 or over and are getting State Pension (Non-Contributory), or you are under age 66 and getting Disability Allowance or a Blind Pension,
  • buy or rent alternative accommodation, or
  • move into a private nursing home that is registered under the Health (Nursing Homes) Act, 1990, or
  • move in with a person who is caring for you and who is getting a carer's payment (such as Carer's Allowance or Carer's Benefit), or
  • move to sheltered or special housing in the voluntary, co-operative, statutory or private sectors.
Last modified:24/09/2008

 Foirmeacha Iarratais