One Parent Family Payment - SW 82

Print page

Men and women who must, by law, pay maintenance to a dependent spouse or civil partner and any dependent children not living with them are called ‘liable relatives’.
If you are a liable relative and fail to pay enough maintenance to your spouse or civil partner or dependent child(ren), you must contribute to the cost of the One-Parent Family Payment, which we pay to your family.

The Maintenance Recovery Unit will contact the liable relative if they have not paid enough maintenance, when One-Parent Family Payment is awarded.
Please call the Maintenance Recovery Unit on (071) 96 72599 for more information.
Last modified:17/08/2015

 Application Forms