Who can qualify for credits?

Print page

You can qualify for credits only if you:

  • have worked and have at least 1 PRSI paid contribution at PRSI Class A, B, C, D, E, H or P, and
  • have paid or credited contributions in either of the last two complete income tax years.

If there is a gap of more than 2 complete tax years in your social insurance record, you will need to work and pay PRSI contributions for another 26 weeks before you are eligible for credits.

Appropriate Social Insurance contributions paid in another European Economic Area State can count for the purpose of bridging this gap in contributions.

Last modified:17/02/2015