The Irish payments covered under the Agreement are:
- State Pension (Contributory) (payable at age 66),
- State Pension (Transition) (payable at age 65),
- Widow's, Widower's or Surviving Civil Partner's (Contributory) Pension,
- Guardian's Payment (Contributory),
- Invalidity Pension,
- Bereavement Grant.
The U.S.A. payments covered are those available under the Federal OASDI (Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance) Programme, in particular those relating to:
- Retirement Pension,
- Survivors Benefits,
- Disability Benefit,
- Family Benefits for dependants of retired or disabled workers.