Working with your spouse or civil partner: how it affects your social welfare contributions and entitlements

Print page

If you have any questions about this guide or you are still unsure if you have been in a partnership (having received professional advice), you should contact Scope Section of the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection or your local Revenue Office. In cases of any continuing doubt, a Scope Section Deciding Officer or your Revenue Office will look at the facts of your case and advise you on your status.

Scope Section
Department of Social Protection
Oisín House
212-213 Pearse Street
Dublin 2

Telephone: (01) 673 2585
Fax: (01) 673 2460
Web: ''

Local Revenue Office - details available at ''

For information booklets, application forms and more information on social welfare services:

Log on to
Telephone: (071) 91 93302
LoCall: 1890 66 22 44
If you are calling from outside the Republic of Ireland please call +353 71 91 93302.
Drop into your local Intreo Centre, Branch Office or Citizen Information Centre.

Note: The rates charged for using 1890 (LoCall) numbers may vary among different service providers.

Other useful booklets

To request forms, text the form code followed by your name and address to 51909 (from the Republic of Ireland only). Standard text rates apply.

For example, if you wanted to request the Bereavement Grant form, text form bg Mary Murphy 1 New Street, Old Town, Co. Donegal.

Form codes for Social Welfare Schemes
Social welfare payment or scheme Form code
Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance FORM BTSCFA
Bereavement Grant FORM BG
Carers Allowance FORM CARA
Carers Benefit FORM CARB
Child Benefit (Form CB1) FORM CHILD
Disability Allowance FORM DA
Domiciliary Care Allowance FORM DCA
Family Income Supplement FORM FIS
Fuel Allowance FORM FUEL
Household Benefits FORM HHB
Invalidity Pension FORM INV
Living Alone Increase FORM LAA
Maternity Benefit FORM MAT
One Parent Family Payment FORM OPFP
Respite Care Grant FORM RCG
State Pension (Non-Contributory) FORM SPNC
State Pension (Transition/Contributory) FORM SPC
Widow(er)’s Surviving Civil Partner’s Contributory Pension FORM WCP
Widow(er)’s/Surviving Civil Partner’s Non-Contributory Pension FORM WNCP
Last modified:11/09/2017