Illness Benefit - SW 119

Print page

Supplementary Welfare Allowance Scheme (SWA)

Under this scheme you may get:

  • Diet Supplement
  • Exceptional Needs Payments
  • Heating Supplement
  • Rent Supplement
  • Urgent Needs Payments

For more information, log on to, or contact the Department's representative at the local Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection office administering Supplementary Welfare Allowance.

You may also qualify for the Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance for your dependent children.

Services provided by the Health Service Executive (HSE)

Contact your local HSE office or log on to their website for detailed information on all of the services available. Examples of some of these are:

  • Medical Card
  • GP Visit Card
  • Drugs Payment Scheme
  • Long-term Illness Scheme
Last modified:19/07/2019

 Application Forms