You may get a refund of the following expenses if they
are not fully covered by the Health Service Executive
(HSE) or by our Treatment Benefit Scheme:
- doctor’s visits,
- doctor’s prescriptions, - claims for medication
should be on prescription claim forms only, which
are issued by the pharmacy,
- certain medical or surgical appliances and the
repair and replacement of these (for example,
artificial limbs or hearing aids),
- certain dental and eye treatment,
- certain treatment prescribed by your doctor, and
- certain travelling expenses, usually limited to the
cost of public transport.
The expenses must be reasonable and necessary.
Hospital bills (public hospitals) may be paid directly to
the hospital or to the claimant once proof of payment
(hospital receipt) is submitted.