We do not count the following as income:
- money from charity other than through employment with them (Vincent de Paul etc)
- income from providing accommodation to students studying Irish in Gaeltacht areas under a scheme administered by the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.
- we do not count the following payments from this department or the HSE as family income:
- Child Benefit,
- Guardian’s Payment,
- Supplementary Welfare Allowance,
- Rent Allowance for tenants affected by the de-control of rents,
- Domiciliary Care Allowance, and
- Foster Child Allowance.