Invalidity Pension - SW44

Print page
To qualify, you must:
  • have been incapable of work for at least 12 months and be likely to be incapable of work for at least another 12 months (you will probably have been getting Illness Benefit or Disability Allowance for that period), or
  • be permanently incapable of work (in certain cases of very serious incapacity, you can transfer directly from another social welfare payment or from your job to Invalidity Pension).
Medical certificates:
We do not normally need medical certificates when Invalidity Pension is in payment. However, if we do need them we will ask you to forward them to us in the Department.
Last modified:31/01/2016

 Application Forms