The Department’s Customer Charter and Action Plan 2013 – 2015 sets out the Department’s commitments to providing a professional, efficient and courteous service to all customers.
Specific commitments are included relating to the provision of interpretive and translation services and the provision of information in alternative formats such as Braille or Audio.
The following services are provided to customers where required:
- A translation service for documents required in relation to a claim.
- A language interpretive service provided by 3-way phone conversation.
- A face to face service, where an accredited language interpreter attends in person, to facilitate customer/staff interaction.
- A Sign Language Interpreter to facilitate customer/staff interaction.
- Written information or application forms in Braille, Audio or Large Print.
If you require any of the services outlined above, please contact your nearest Intreo Centre, Local or Branch Office or the office dealing with your claim. Department staff will assist you in accessing the required service .
The Department welcomes feedback and suggestions from customers on ways in which we can improve service delivery.