SOCIAL WELFARE ACT, 2001
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
- Short title and construction.
- Continuance of instruments.
- Social insurance benefits (new rates).
- Social assistance payments (new rates).
- Child benefit (new rates).
- Family income supplement (new weekly rates).
- Employment contributions (new rates of contributions and amendments to earnings ceilings).
- Self-employment contributions (new rates of contributions and abolition of income ceiling).
- Optional contributions (new rates of contributions).
- Voluntary contributions (new rates and amounts of contributions).
Improvements in Social Welfare Schemes.
- Maternity and adoptive benefits - increase in duration.
- Assessment of means - improvements.
- Respite care grant - increase.
- Island allowance.
- Disability allowance - removal of couple limitation.
- Living alone allowance - extension of scheme.
- Carer's benefit - payment after death.
- Constant attendance allowance - improvements.
- Improvement in qualifying conditions.
- One-parent family payment - transitional arrangements and assessment of maintenance payments.
- Recovery of payments from financial institutions.
- Pre-retirement allowance - change in withdrawal rate.
- Qualified adult - amendment to provisions.
- Amendment to prosecution provisions.
- Carer's benefit - improvement.
- Qualified adult - rate payable with reduced rate pensions.
- Social insurance - retention of modified status.
Alignment of Tax and Calendar Years.
- Transitional arrangements for the preservation of rights.
- Further amendments consequential on the alignment of the tax and calendar years.
- Commencement (
Amendments Relating to Introduction of Euro.
- Social insurance benefits (new euro rates).
- Social assistance payments (new euro rates).
- Child benefit (new euro rates).
- Family income supplement (new weekly rates - euro).
- New rates of employment, self-employment, optional and voluntary contributions - euro.
- Further amendments consequential on introduction of euro.
Amendment of Health Contributions Act, 1979.
- Amendment to Health Contributions Act, 1979 - alignment of tax and calendar year.
- Amendment to Health Contributions Act, 1979 - euro.