Giving up work due to ill-health - SW 20

Print page

You should send your first medical certificate with the CR35 application form. Your doctor should date this certificate from the date of retirement due to ill-health to the 31 December of the current year.

You must also send in subsequent annual medical certificates on 1 January each year for as long as you are incapable of work or until you reach age 66.

Your doctor should make sure your medical certificates state that you cannot work due to illness.

Last modified:17/06/2015