S.I. No. 500 of 2008.
SOCIAL WELFARE (TEMPORARY PROVISIONS) REGULATIONS 2008
(This note is not part of the Instrument and does not purport to be a legal interpretation.)
These Regulations provide for the payment of a Christmas Bonus to longterm social welfare recipients, equivalent to 100% of their normal weekly payments, subject to a minimum payment of €30.
The bonus payment applies to recipients of
- Blind Pension,
- Carer's Allowance,
- Carer's Benefit,
- Death Benefit by way of pension,
- Disability Allowance,
- Disablement Pension,
- Farm Assist,
- Guardian's Payment (Contributory and Non-Contributory),
- Invalidity Pension,
- Jobseeker's Allowance in respect of a continuous period of unemployment of at least 15 months,
- One-parent Family Payment,
- Pre-Retirement Allowance,
- Relevant payments under section 178(1) of the Social Welfare Consolidation Act 2005 (formerly Deserted Wife's Benefit and Allowance and Prisoner's Wife's Allowance),
- State Pension (Contributory and Non-Contributory),
- State Pension (Transition),
- Widow's and Widower's (Contributory) Pension, and Widow's and Widower's (Non-Contributory) Pension.