ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
PRELIMINARY AND GENERAL
- Short title and commencement.
- Exchange of information.
- Regulations generally.
- Laying of regulations before Houses of Oireachtas.
ESTABLISHMENT OF PENSIONS BOARD
- Establishment day.
- Establishment of Board.
- Functions of Board.
- Conferral of additional functions on Board.
- Consultants and advisers.
- Committees of Board.
- Chief executive.
- Staff of Board.
- Superannuation of staff of Board.
- Authorised persons.
- Membership of either House of Oireachtas or of European Parliament by members or staff of Board.
- Advances by Minister to Board.
- Disclosure by member of Board of interest in proposed contract.
- Accounts and audits of Board.
- Reports and information to Minister.
- Disclosure of information.
- Fees payable to Board.
- Provision in relation to determinations by Board under sections 38, 53, 58 and 75.
PRESERVATION OF BENEFITS
- Interpretation (Part III).
- Entitlement to preserved benefit.
- Preserved benefit — defined benefit scheme.
- Preserved benefit — defined contribution scheme.
- Payment of preserved benefit.
- Non-entitlement to refund of contributions.
- Revaluation of preserved benefit.
- Entitlement to transfer payment.
- Power of trustees to effect transfer payment.
- Provisions of schemes relating to forfeiture and lien to be disregarded.
- Exclusion from and modification of Part III and Second Schedule.
- Conflict between Part III and schemes.
- Schemes may provide higher benefits.
- Interpretation (Part IV).
- Application (Part IV).
- Actuarial funding certificate.
- Effective dates for actuarial funding certificates.
- Provisions relating to funding standard.
- Provisions relating to schemes commencing before commencement of this Part.
- Matters to which actuary is to have regard.
- Limitations on calculation of resources of relevant scheme.
- Priorities on winding up of relevant scheme.
- Funding proposal.
- Direction by Board to trustees.
- Qualification for appointment as actuary of scheme.
- Exclusion from and modification of Part IV and Third Schedule.
- Conflict between Part IV and schemes.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION IN RELATION TO SCHEMES
- Disclosure of information in relation to schemes.
- Annual reports.
- Audited accounts and actuarial valuations.
- Modification of Part V.
- Conflict between Part V and schemes.
TRUSTEES OF SCHEMES
- General duties of trustees of scheme.
- Duty to register scheme.
- Restriction of Perpetual Funds (Registration) Act, 1933.
- Selection by members of funded schemes of persons for appointment as trustees.
- Appointment and removal of trustees by High Court.
- Appointment and removal of trustees by Board.
EQUAL TREATMENT FOR MEN AND WOMEN IN OCCUPATIONAL BENEFIT SCHEMES
- Interpretation (Part VII).
- Schemes to comply with principle of equal treatment.
- Principle of equal treatment.
- Onus of proof in certain cases.
- Supplementary provisions to section 66.
- Equal treatment and access to schemes.
- Non-compliance, compulsory levelling up.
- Maternity provisions.
- Family leave provisions.
- Principle of equal treatment and collective agreements, etc.
- Determination of disputes.
- Equality officers.
- Investigation of disputes by Court
- Powers of Court under section 77.
- Failure to implement determination of Court.
- Offences relating to certain dismissals and effect, etc.
- Provisions supplemental to section 80
Search for your local office