Money Management

Print page

This Section deals with different options to help you manage your money

The Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS)

The Money Advice and Budgeting Service is an independent voluntary service for individuals or families, primarily those on low incomes who need guidance in managing their finances in order to avoid getting into difficulties with creditors and moneylenders.

On 13th July 2009 responsibility for the provision of the MABS service was transferred from the Department of Social and Family Affairs to the Citizens Information Board.


Household Budget

Household Budget allows people who are getting certain Social Welfare payments to pay a regular amount towards various household bills by direct deduction from their payment


Appointment of Agents

Where a person is unable to collect their payment or manage their financial affairs a person may be appointed as their agent. An agent can be appointed on a temporary or on a long-term basis, to collect payments or act on behalf of the customer.

Last modified:23/07/2010

 Intreo/Local Office Locator

Search for your local office