Ireland - Your Guide to A New Beginning

Print page
Anyone taking up employment in Ireland must apply for an Irish Personal Public Service Number (PPS Number). You can make an appointment for the allocation of a PPS Number at . For further information on the application process and requirements visit the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection’s website

EU, Swiss and European Economic Area (EEA) nationals have the right to live and work in Ireland without a work permit, and have the same rights as Irish nationals with regard to pay and working conditions.
If you are a member of EU and/ or European Economic Area (EEA) a residence permit is not required. All non-nationals who are not citizens of a Member State of the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland, must register with Garda (Ireland’s National Police) National Immigration Bureau
Last modified:23/10/2017