Intreo is a new service from the Department of Social Protection. Intreo is a single point of contact for all employment and income supports
Designed to provide a more streamlined approach, Intreo offers practical, tailored employment services and supports for jobseekers and employers alike.
Intreo was formally launched in the Intreo Centre Sligo on the 15th October 2012. It will be followed by the roll out of the new service to additional locations during the course of 2012 and 2013. View the current list of Intreo Centres
For more details please view " Intreo Frequently Asked Questions"
What services and supports are provided by Intreo?
- Employment services and income supports available in one place.
- Expert assistance and advice on employment, training and personal development opportunities.
- A focus on your individual needs to assist you enter the workforce.
- Self-service facilities to provide you with information and guidance on employment and training opportunities.
- Access to information on job vacancies through "www.jobsireland.ie".
- Information on the full range of income supports provided by the Department of Social Protection, for example, jobseeker’s payments, back to work and back to education payments, one-parent family payments, pensions and others. Also, any queries in relation to your jobseekers or one-parent family payment will continue to be dealt with by the team in your Intreo office.
Intreo provides a wide range of supports and services to assist with your employment needs, designed to make sure that your company can access potential employees.
The range of services are provided at no cost to employers and include:
- Employment support and advice on a National and European level, giving you access to skilled, job ready candidates. The Jobs Ireland employment service is an excellent support resource when your company is recruiting – both now and in the future.
- JobBridge internships and work placement services.
- Financial supports when creating new jobs, minimising the cashflow demands for your company. The Employer Job (PRSI) Incentive Scheme exempts employers from liability to pay their share of PRSI for certain employees. The scheme is open to employers who create new and additional jobs.
- Workplace supports to assist employees with disabilities.
- Advice and access to any employment initiatives of relevance to your company.