How do I qualify?

Print page

You will qualify if you:

  • are widowed or a surviving civil partner,
  • are divorced from your late spouse/civil partner (as recognised in this State) and have not remarried, or have had a civil partnership dissolved and have not registered in a new civil partnership,
  • you are not cohabiting (that is, living with someone as husband and wife or as civil partners),
  • satisfy the PRSI contribution conditions,
  • your late spouse/civil partner got a certain rate State Pension (Transition) or a certain rate State Pension (Contributory) which included an increase for you as a qualified adult or would have included this increase but for the fact that you were getting a State Pension (Non- Contributory), a Blind Pension or a Carer's Allowance in your own right.
Last modified:10/01/2011

 Application Forms