Working with your spouse or civil partner: how it affects your social welfare contributions and entitlements

Print page

  • First, register with the local Revenue Office by completing a TR1 registration form.
  • Second, ensure you ‘pay and file’ - pay tax, PRSI and Health Contributions and file your income tax return by 31 October each year - under the Revenue’s self-assessment system.

Remember that entering into a partnership with your spouse or civil partner or any other person, might have consequences other than those related to tax or PRSI. It is important to obtain advice from a legal professional and a tax professional before you make any formal arrangements.

Last modified:05/08/2014