How do I apply?

Print page

You do not have to complete an application form if you are applying for Widow's, Widower's or Surviving Civil Partner’s Contributory Pension or One-Parent Family Payment (for widows, widowers or surviving civil partners), otherwise you should fill in the application form WPG 1 and return it to:

Widow's, Widower's or Surviving Civil Partner's Pension Section
Social Welfare Services
College Road

Telephone: (071) 9157100
LoCall: 1890 500 000
If calling from outside the Republic of Ireland please call + 353 71 9157100
Note: The rates charged for using 1890 (LoCall) numbers may vary among different service providers.

You can also contact the above section for more details on the Grant.     

Qualifying conditions for our schemes change from time to time. Always check with your local Social Welfare Office or with Information Services to see if qualifying conditions have changed.

The information in this leaflet is correct at the time of publication.    

Last modified:11/09/2017