How Claims are Decided

Print page

A Deciding Officer will make a decision on your claim. If you are not satisfied with that decision it is generally open to you to submit any further relevant documentary evidence to the Deciding Officer seeking a review of the decision. In general, you also have the right to appeal to an independent Appeals Officer.

Supplementary Welfare Allowance claims are decided by Officers of the Health Service Executive. You have the right to appeal most decisions. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of this appeal, you may on notice of appeal to the HSE seek to have your claim decided by an independent Appeals Officer.

Further Information is available from the Social Welfare Appeal Office website

Last modified:22/01/2009

 Intreo/Local Office Locator

Search for your local office