Funding Initiative for the United Nations International Day for the Eradication of Poverty 17th October 2013
Since 1992, 17th October has been recognised by the United Nations as the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty.
The Department of Social Protection has a limited amount of funding to support anti-poverty groups to organise local, regional or national activities to promote awareness of the UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty. The total amount of funding available is €40,000. It is envisaged that approximately 12 - 15 projects across the country will be funded.
This funding is open to anti-poverty organisations and groups working with people experiencing poverty at national or local level. The Department of Social Protection will NOT accept applications from profit making or trading companies, individuals, local and community development programme companies, local authorities or statutory bodies or any bodies outside the Republic of Ireland.
What can be funded?
Once-off initiatives with a national, regional or local focus and aim:
- to create public awareness of the UN International Day for the Elimination of Poverty;
- to create public awareness of poverty in Ireland;
- to involve people at risk of, or experiencing poverty;
- to express solidarity with the fight to eradicate poverty globally.
A broad range of activities, or combination of activities, will be considered for funding, including:
- Artistic & cultural initiatives;
- Media events.
Activities MUST take place on or around 17th October, 2013
What cannot be funded?
Please note that the scheme will not fund:
- Annual reports, newsletters or other promotional materials;
- Conferences, seminars, or similar;
- Research or policy analysis;
- Salary costs for core staff;
- A group’s ongoing project or running costs;
- Work that has already happened.
- Any other project or costs outside of the scope of the guidelines set down by the Department of Social Protection for this programme.
What you must do
For an application form and more information on the United Nations International Day for the Eradication of Poverty please go to www.socialinclusion.ie
Please note that the closing date for receipt of applications is 12pm Thursday 30th May 2013.
Social Inclusion Division
Department of Social Protection
Gandon House, Floor 1