If you are a widow, widower or surviving civil partner, aged 60 to 65 inclusive, and your late spouse or civil partner was getting any Household Benefits allowance from this Department and at the time of their death you were permanently living together, you may now apply for the allowances in the Household Benefits Package.
You must get one of the following payments and satisfy the qualifying conditions on Section 2:
- State Pension (Transition) (payment closed to new applicants from 1 January 2014)
- Widow's, Widower's or Surviving Civil Partner (Contributory and Non-Contributory) Pension
- One-Parent Family Payment (Widow's, Widower's or Surviving Civil Partner)
- Widow's, Widower's or Surviving Civil Partner Pension under the Occupational Injuries Benefits Scheme
Or getting one of the following payments and satisfy the qualifying conditions in Section 2:
- an equivalent social security pension or benefit from a country covered by EC Regulations or from a country with which Ireland has a Bilateral Social Security Agreement or
- an ordinary Garda Widow's Pension from the Department of Justice and Equality.