You pay PRSI on your total income, which includes:
- income from a trade or profession,
- interest, annuities and income from foreign investments, such as property,
- rent from any property in Ireland,
- income from which tax has already been deducted such as, annuities, bank or building society interest, maintenance payments,
- income from share dividends and other similar payments, and
- certain taxable income from employment (for example, company directors, motorcycle couriers).
You may have to pay PRSI on both earned and unearned income.