Do I need to live with the person needing full-time care?

Print page


Yes, you will normally live with the person being cared for. But in certain cases, you may qualify for the Carer’s Support Grant if you are a non-resident carer.

If you are a non-resident carer, you must show the following:

• that you are caring for the person on a full-time basis,


• a direct system of communication exists between your home and that of the person you are caring for (for example, telephone or alarm system),


• the person being cared for is not already receiving fulltime care and attention within their own home from a person other than you, the applicant.

In such cases, you must show that full-time care and attention is being provided to the person being cared for.

Last modified:25/05/2017

 Application Forms