The Minister for Social Protection, Ms Joan Burton, TD, has announced a call for applications under the Disability Activation Project. The Disability Activation Project is co-funded by the European Union under the European Social Fund (Human Capital Investment Operational Programme 2007 – 2013) and the Irish Government. The funding, which will be available for projects in the Border, Midlands and Western (BMW) region will be administered by the Department of Social Protection with the support of Pobal.
Applications for strategic and innovative projects in the Border, Midlands and Western region are invited from organisations who have experience of working with people with a disability. Projects can be funded up until 30 th April 2015. The Disability Activation Project is now closed to new applications; applications received by the closing date of 13th April 2012 are currently being appraised
The strategic aim of the Disability Activation Project is to increase the capacity and potential of people on Department of Social Protection disability/illness welfare payments to participate in the labour market, based on a case management approach. There are four strands:
Strand 1 – Improving Access to Employment
Strand 2 – Progression Programmes for Young People
Strand 3 – Support for Progression and Retention of People with an Acquired Disability
Strand 4 – Innovative Employer Initiatives
- Information and Guidance Notes, and Application Forms are available now on "www.pobal.ie" and "www.welfare.ie"
- Information sessions, from 10am to 4.30pm (light lunch provided) will be as follows:
- Friday 2 nd March - Íontas Centre, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan
- Monday 5 th March - Radisson Hotel, Northgate Street, Athlone
- Tuesday 6 th March - Kings Valley Hotel, Merlin Park, Dublin Road, Galway
- Friday 9 th March - Abbey Hotel, Donegal Town, Donegal
Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to attend these sessions and registration is essential. Fifteen minute, one to one clinics for prospective applicants will be provided at these sessions from 1.30pm to 4.30pm. Information S ession registration and bookings for clinic appointments can be made on-line at "www.pobal.ie". Final date for registration and bookings is Monday 27 th February 2012.
3. Any queries to Ailish Quinn at email@example.com or telephone 01-5117500