We are committed to delivering a high quality of customer service to you.
- Treat you with courtesy and respect.
- Inform you of your rights and entitlements.
Plan and deliver our services so you can access them in a way that suits you best.
- Plan and deliver our employer services to ensure you can support people into employment.
- Protect your information.
- Respect your right to privacy.
- Consult with you to establish your needs when developing, delivering and reviewing our services.
- Provide redress when you have a complaint.
Social Contract - rights and responsibilities for job seekers:
- A Social Contract for job seekers will ensure that you understand that with rights (to income support) come responsibilities (to engage).
- You will be expected to sign and honour a commitment to actively engage with the Department’s staff on your agreed personal progression plan.
- Failure to honour this commitment may lead to a reduction or ultimately a withdrawal of your payments.
Help us to help you
- Treat our staff in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Have your PPS number or employer number to hand when you visit or call us.
- Give us full and accurate information relating to your query and tell us promptly if your circumstances change as your entitlements may be affected.
- Bring suitable photo ID or your Public Services Card when you visit our offices.
- Engage with us to help you access the most suitable service for you.
- Complete all forms and bring all documents needed for your appointment.
We value your opinion
Let us know what you think of the service we provide:
- Talk to a member of staff in a Social Welfare Local Office or Intreo Centre.
- Visit the Contact Us area of www.welfare.ie
- Call us on LoCall 1890 66 22 44 or (071) 919 3302.
- Write to Customer Services, Social Welfare Services, College Road, Sligo.
We will deal with any complaint promptly, fairly and impartially.