While receiving Injury Benefit, you must not:
- fail, without good reason, to attend a medical examination by a Medical Assessor of this Department,
- fail to obey your doctor’s instructions,
- behave in a way that is likely to delay your recovery,
- fail to see any Officials from this Department and answer reasonable enquiries concerning your claim.
You may do the following types of work, but you must get written permission from the Department before starting:
- work which is part-time (up to 20 hours a week) and is part of a rehabilitation or occupational therapy programme,
- an approved training course with a view to taking up some other occupation.
You may do the following types of work without getting written permission from the Department before starting:
- light work for which no payment is, or would normally be payable,
- work which is done as part of treatment while you are a patient in hospital or other similar place provided the earnings are not more than €50 per week,
- work done under a charitable scheme, provided that the earnings are not more than €50 per week.