Career Breaks

Print page

VDWs who avail of career breaks from their normal employment in order to work abroad should contact their local Social Welfare Office if they are not re-employed immediately after their assignment ceases.

The general rule is that returned VDWs are entitled to claim Jobseeker’s Benefit if the period of their career break has expired and there is no work available from their previous employer. However if the period of the career break has not expired, you will not be entitled to claim.

Last modified:10/02/2015