You may get credits for time spent in full-time education for example third level, if you:
- have worked before starting the course and have paid PRSI contributions at Class A,
- started the course before reaching age 23, and
- have returned to full-time insurable employment.
When you apply for student credits, you must give:
- written confirmation from the school or college stating that you were a student there,
- the dates you attended the school or college, and
- proof that you have returned to full time employment.
You can only get student credits once.