Can I qualify for student credits?

Print page

You may get credits for time spent in full-time education for example third level, if you:

  • have worked before starting the course and have paid PRSI contributions at Class A,
  • started the course before reaching age 23, and
  • have returned to full-time insurable employment.

When you apply for student credits, you must give:

  • written confirmation from the school or college stating that you were a student there,
  • the dates you attended the school or college, and
  • proof that you have returned to full time employment.

You can only get student credits once.

Last modified:10/08/2010