Injury Benefit - SW 30

Print page

Injury Benefit can be paid with Blind Pension or with Disablement Benefit (excluding Incapacity Supplement).

Injury Benefit will not be paid to you, if you are getting any of the following payments at the full personal rate:

— Widow’s, Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partner’s (Contributory) Pension, or
— One-Parent Family Payment,

However, if you are getting any of them at less than the full personal rate, Injury Benefit will be paid to you a rate equivalent to the difference between the reduced rate paid to you and the maximum personal rate for that payment.

Even if you do not you qualify for payment you should make a claim for Injury Benefit as you may be entitled to a declaration (see section 10). You may also be able to apply for other benefits available under the Occupational Injuries Scheme for example Disablement Benefit and Medical Care (see sections 12 and 13). You may also qualify for credited contributions, by applying for Injury Benefit.

If you apply for Injury Benefit and you do not qualify for a payment you may still be entitled to credited contributions.

If you qualify for credits you should continue to send in medical certificates.


Special Arrangements for Carer’s Allowance

If you are getting Injury Benefit and you satisfy the conditions for Carer’s Allowance, you may get half the personal rate of Carer’s Allowance along with your Injury Benefit payment.

It may also be possible for you to receive an Increase for a Qualified Adult for someone on your Injury Benefit claim while they receive a half rate Carer’s Allowance for caring for you or someone else.

If you are applying for Injury Benefit and you are in receipt of Carer’s Allowance, you may be able to retain half your Carer’s payment while receiving Injury Benefit.

For more information, log on to


Last modified:02/07/2019

 Application Forms