Is a payment to assist with reasonable accommodation costs for private rented accommodation.
You will not normally receive a Rent Supplement if:
- Your rent is above set limits (your CWO will advise you of these limits)
- You do not comply with a request to apply to a Housing Authority for accommodation
- You are not assessed as having a housing need
- You have been evicted or excluded from Housing Authority accommodation
- You do not reside continuously in the rented accommodation.
To apply for a Rent Supplement you will need to complete form
Mortgage Interest Supplement
Is a payment to assist with the interest element of your mortgage repayments in respect of your sole/main residence.
You will not normally receive a Mortgage Interest Supplement if:
- You entered into the loan agreement when you were not in a position to meet the repayments
- Your loan is not with a registered financial institution
To apply for a Mortgage Interest Supplement you will need to complete form
SWA MIS1 and provide a copy of the original loan application.