When and how do I apply?

Print page

You should apply for the Rent Allowance as soon as possible after your rent has been fixed and the tenancy and new rent have been registered with the local housing authority. You should apply within 3 months of the date the new rent comes into effect. If you apply after 3 months, the allowance will only be backdated for 3 months.

To apply, complete application form (RS1) and send it to the address below.

Rent Allowance Section
Social Welfare Services
Government Buildings
Ballinalee Road

You can get the application form from Rent Supplement Section, LoCall 1890 927 770.

Last modified:20/09/2017

 Application Forms