How do I apply?

Print page
For Injury Benefit, go to a doctor and get a First Social Welfare Medical Certificate, which includes an application form. Send the completed form to:
Department of Social Protection
P.O. Box 1650,
Dublin 1.
Important: Not all work accidents or diseases result immediately in illness or disablement.
To protect your future right to benefit, you should apply for a declaration (Form DB or OB1) that your accident or disease occurred at work. You can get this declaration form from:
Injury Benefit Section
Social Welfare Services,
Áras Mhic Dhiarmada,
Store Street
Dublin 1.

LoCall 1890 928 400 (from the Republic of Ireland Only)
+ 353 1 704 3018 (from Northern Ireland or overseas)
Application forms for Disablement Benefit or Death Benefit from or
Disablement Benefit Section
Social Welfare Services,
Ballinalee Road,
LoCall 1890 927 770 (from the Republic of Ireland Only)
+ 353 43 334 0000 (from Northern Ireland or overseas)
Note: The rates charged for using 1890 (LoCall) numbers may vary among different service providers.
Last modified:22/06/2011

 Application Forms