How do I qualify?

Print page

You may qualify, if you are blind or have low vision and you:
  • satisfy the Habitual Residence Condition (see below),
  • live in the State while getting this pension,
  • are over age 18 and under age 66 years,
  • have a valid Personal Public Service Number (PPS No.), and
  • satisfy a means test.

Note: Habitual Residence is a condition which you must satisfy to qualify for certain social welfare assistance payments and Child Benefit. This condition took effect from 1 May 2004 and affects all applicants regardless of nationality.

For more information, log on to

Last modified:30/01/2013