Disability Allowance - SW29

Print page

You should apply for Disability Allowance as soon as you feel you meet the conditions outlined in this booklet. To apply, complete the application form ( DA 1), and send it with all necessary documents such as bank statements, pension payslips and correct certificates to:

Disability Allowance Section
Social Welfare Services
Government Buildings
Ballinalee Road

Telephone: (043) 334 0000
LoCall: 1890 92 77 70
If calling from outside the Republic of Ireland please call +353 43 334 0000

Note: The rates charged for using 1890 (LoCall) numbers may vary among different service providers.

Personal Public Service Number (PPS Number)

You must give your PPS Number and the PPS Number(s) of your spouse, civil partner or cohabitant. You must also give us the PPS Number for any child(ren) for whom you intend to claim a payment. If you do not know these numbers, please contact your local Social Welfare Office. They will let you know your PPS number. If you do not have one they will let you know what you have to do to get one.

For more information click here.

Certificates to send with your application

When you apply for Disability Allowance you may need to send us in certificates if you were born, married or entered into a civil partnership or a civil union outside the Republic of Ireland, such as:

  • your birth certificate,
  • your spouse’s, civil partner’s or cohabitant’s birth certificate,
  • your marriage certificate or civil partnership or civil union registration certificate,
  • your qualified child(ren)’s birth certificate(s).

Note: No birth certificate is needed if you are already getting Child Benefit for these children.

We do not accept photocopies of certificates.

If you are not able to get the certificate(s) immediately, you should send in your Disability Allowance application form with a note stating that you will send the certificate(s) as soon as possible.

If you are sending in your certificates at a later date, please ensure that you quote your PPS number.

Please send in a letter from a school or college if you are claiming for a qualified child, aged 18-22 in fulltime education.

Last modified:11/09/2017

 Application Forms