Illness Benefit - SW 119

Print page

Personal Public Service Number (PPSN)

Your PPSN is the same as your income tax number. Quote this number on all medical certificates, application forms and in letters, emails or telephone calls to this Department. You should also quote your spouse's, civil partner's or cohabitant's PPSN if you are claiming an increase for them.

You can find your PPSN on your P60, notice of tax credits and other documents from Revenue.

If you do not have a PPSN contact your local Social Welfare Office for advice on how and where to apply.

Contacting this Department

You must quote your full name, address and PPSN on all:

  • medical certificates,
  • letters or emails.
  • telephone calls with this Department.

Change in your circumstances which could affect your entitlement to Illness Benefit

Tell us as soon as possible if any of the following changes occur while you are claiming Illness Benefit:

  • increase or decrease in the income of your spouse/partner,
  • change of name when you marry or enter into a civil union or civil partnership,
  • change of address,
  • change of account details for the financial institution to which your Illness Benefit is paid.
Last modified:19/07/2019

 Application Forms