When and How Do I Apply?

Print page

You should apply for Health and Safety Benefit as soon as your employer has established and certified that health and safety leave has been granted. Your employer must complete Part 4 of the application form HSB 1 certifying that you have been granted health and safety leave under the Maternity Protection Act, 1994.

To claim, complete form HSB 1 and return to:

Health and Safety Benefit Section
Department of Social Protection
Inner Relief Road
Co. Donegal.

Telephone: (01) 471 5898

LoCall: 1890 690 690

If you are calling from outside the Republic of Ireland please call +353 1 4715898 

Note: The rates charged for using 1890 (LoCall) numbers may vary among different service providers.

Personal Public Service Number (PPS No.) (same as RSI or tax number)

You must give your PPS Number and the PPS Number of your spouse or partner. You must also give us the PPS Number(s) for any child(ren) for whom you intend to claim a payment. If you do not know these numbers, please contact your local Social Welfare Office. They will let you know your PPS number. If you do not have one they will let you know what you have to do to get one.

You will be issued with an initial letter acknowledging receipt of your claim. Separate notification will issue once your claim has been processed.

Last modified:11/09/2017

 Application Forms