Your Health and Safety Benefit starts once the 21 days' payment from your employer ends.
You may then get the benefit for the remainder of your health and safety leave, up to:
- the day you, the employee, become entitled to Maternity Benefit.
- 26 weeks after the date you gave birth, if you are an employee who is breastfeeding and exposed to certain risks in the workplace.
You cannot get Health and Safety Benefit for any day you are entitled to Maternity Benefit.
You stop getting Health and Safety Benefit if your health and safety leave ends because:
- you are no longer vulnerable to the workplace risk,
- your employer has removed the risk or given you other work,
- you are employed on a fixed-term contract and that contract expires.