Working Family Payment (WFP) - SW 22

Print page

Apply for WFP as soon as possible after you and your spouse, civil partner or cohabitant start work, or you could lose payment.

You will need to give the following documents:

  • your and your spouse’s, civil partner’s or cohabitant’s recent payslips to show the earnings,
  • your and your spouse’s, civil partner’s or cohabitant’s latest P60 (if you have one), and
  • your Certificate of Tax Credits for the current year (if you have one).

If you do not have your latest P60, you should send in the week 52 payslip(s) for the last tax year.

Even if you do not have these documents when you fill in the application form, send us the form straight away. You can send the documents or certificates as soon as you have them, but please remember to state your full name, current address and your PPS Number when sending them in. This allows us to match them to your application form.

Complete application form WFP 1 and send it to:

Working Family Payment Section
Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection
Government Buildings
Ballinalee Road

Telephone: (043) 334 0000
LoCall: 1890 92 77 70
If you are calling from outside the Republic of Ireland please call + 353 43 334 0000
Note: The rates charged for using 1890 (LoCall) numbers may vary among different service providers.


If you are starting work for the first time or taking up a new job, contact your tax office for advice about your tax credits. See information leaflet IT 11 (available from Revenue) to make sure that you have the correct tax credits.

Last modified:07/06/2019

 Application Forms