You may qualify if you:
- are an employee in paid full-time employment that is expected to last for at least 3 months,
- work at least 19 hours every week, or 38 hours every fortnight,
- If you are married, in a civil partnership or cohabiting, you can add together the hours worked by you, your spouse, civil partner or cohabitant,
- have an average weekly family income below the amounts outlined in the table below for your family size,
- have at least one qualified child who normally lives with you or is part of a family supported by you. A qualified child is any child under age 18 or aged 18 to 22 if in fulltime education.
Self-employment alone does not qualify the household for FIS. Either you, your spouse, civil partner or cohabitant must be engaged in paid employment for the household to qualify for FIS.
|Size of family
||Weekly Income limit
||Annual Income limit (52 weeks)|
|8 children or more
If both you and your spouse, civil partner or cohabitant are working, your incomes will be added together when working out the family income.