How do I get my payment?

Print page

State Pension (Transition) and State Pension (Contributory) can be paid weekly:

  • at your local post office by Social Services Card
  1. or
  • by direct payment into your current, deposit or savings account in a financial institution.

Going abroad

If you live or intend to live outside the State, you can get your pension by direct payment to your account in a financial institution either in Ireland or the country you choose to live in.

If you intend going abroad to live please give details of your new address to:

Maintenance Section (SPT/SPC)
Social Welfare Services
Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection
College Road

Last modified:31/01/2012

 Application Forms