Social Welfare Act 2006
Arrangement of Sections
- Social insurance benefits (new rates)
- Social assistance payments (new rates)
- Family income supplement (new weekly rates)
- Employment contributions (amendment to earnings limits and ceiling)
- Optional contributions (amendment to income ceiling)
- Maternity benefit
- Adoptive benefit
- Widowed parent grant — increase of grant
- State pension (non-contributory) — increase of weekly disregard
- Disability allowance — entitlement to allowance
- Excepted self-employed contributors
- Amendments to Health Contributions Act 1979
- Short title and construction
Social Welfare Law Reform and Pensions Act 2006
Arrangement Of Sections
Short Title, Construction, Collective Citation and Commencement Section
1. Short title, construction, collective citation and commencement.
Amendments to the Social Welfare Acts
2. Definition (Part 2).
3. Child benefit — new rates.
4. Renaming of certain social welfare schemes.
5. Reckonable income — amendment to definition.
6. Rates of self-employed contributions and related matters.
7. Carer's benefit — extension of duration of payment.
8. Decision by deciding officer — homemakers.
9. Old age (contributory) pension — improvement.
10. Conditions for receipt of old age (contributory) pension — amendment.
11. Old age contributory pension — automatic entitlement for invalidity pension recipients.
12. Old age (contributory) pension — automatic entitlement for retirement pension recipients.
13. Retirement pension — improvement.
14. Conditions for receipt of retirement pension — amendment.
15. Pre-retirement allowance — payment of allowance.
16. State pension (non-contributory).
17. State pension (non-contributory) — consequential amendments to Principal Act.
18. Amendment to widowed parent grant.
19. Amendment to description of social assistance.
20. Blind pension — amendments.
21. Amendment to widow's (non-contributory) pension and widower's (non-contributory) pension.
22. Amendment to one-parent family payment.
23. Amendment to transitional provisions — relevant payments.
24. State pension (non-contributory) — assessment of means.
25. Assessment of means — insertion of new Part 5.
26. Orphan's (non-contributory) pension — amendment.
27. One-parent family payment — increase in income threshold.
28. Early childcare supplement — provision.
29. Early childcare supplement — consequential amendments to Principal Act.
30. Respite care grant — increase in rate.
31. Family income supplement — improvement.
32. Provisions relating to entitlement — amendment.
33. Means assessment — amendments.
34. Supplementary welfare allowance — improvement in means assessment.
35. Personal public service number — additional specified bodies.
36. Recovery of payments from financial institutions — amendment.
37. Miscellaneous amendments to Principal Act.
Amendments to the Pensions Act 1990
38. Definition (Part 3).
39. Notice of intention by Pensions Board to prosecute.
41. Index-linked benefits.
42. Review of actuarial work.
43. Functions of Pensions Ombudsman.
44. Miscellaneous amendments to Principal Act.
Miscellaneous Amendments to other Acts
45. Amendment to Combat Poverty Agency Act 1986.
46. Amendment to Freedom of Information Act 1997.
47. Amendment to Taxes Consolidation Act 1997.
48. Amendment to Carer's Leave Act 2001.
Renaming of certain Social Welfare Schemes
Rates of Assistance
State Pension (non-contributory) — Consequential Amendments to Principal Act
State Pension (non-contributory) — Assessment of Means
Blind pension, widow's (non-contributory) pension, widower's (non-contributory) pension and orphan's (non-contributory) pension, one-parent family payment and carer's allowance — Assessment of Means
Early Childcare Supplement — Consequential Amendments to Principal Act
Miscellaneous Amendments to Principal Act
Miscellaneous Amendments to Pensions Act 1990
Amendments to Carer's Leave Act 2001